Information Technology (Computer Works) 10
Sign in using your @g.eips.ca student account at netacad.com and start the IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software course.
NET2020: Workstation Technology & Operations
- Students learn computer work station operations, including computer architecture, peripherals, configurations, operating system environments and platforms, utility software, diagnostic and protection software, hard drive file updating and maintenance, support resource application and troubleshooting activities.
NET2030: Network Structures
- Students acquire an understanding of network infrastructure and assess the advantages and disadvantages of different types of networks. They also develop knowledge of data transmission principles in a computer network and compare features of different network topologies and transmission methods.
NET2040: Network Media & Devices
- Students develop an understanding of different connectivity strategies for linking computers and other devices in a local area network (LAN). They acquire knowledge of industry standards for network cables and gain practical experience through installing cabling, connectors and other hardware components.
NET2080: Laptops & Peripherals
- Students develop an understanding of laptops, portable devices, printers and scanners. They acquire knowledge of industry standards for network cables and gain practical experience through installing cabling, connectors and other hardware components.
NET1910: NET Project A
- Students develop project design and management skills to extend and enhance competencies and skills in other CTS courses through contexts that are personally relevant.